To improve health, wellness and medication adherence through engagement, education and our commitment to the customers we serve.
To honor God in all we do
To treat each other with dignity and respect
To encourage growth in ourselves and others
To build value in our service to others
|Reports to:||Staff Pharmacist|
Responsible for performing, under the supervision of a pharmacist, a variety of technical duties related to preparing, packaging, and dispensing medication in conformance with standard pharmacy policies and procedures. Position also responsible for data entry, billing, TPR resolution, and the general processing of prescriptions accurately and efficiently in the pharmacy software (Frameworks and ECM). This position is also responsible to establish and maintain a professional work environment, which encourages team participation in the problem solving process.
All-Inclusive Simple Meds Employee Responsibilities
- Reflect the Simple Meds core values.
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with customers and colleagues.
- Focus on professional and personal development.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Perform all other duties and functions as necessary.
- Contact customer or prescribers or agents when appropriate (i.e., questions, clarifications, or confirmations).
- Create & maintain customer profiles including health, insurance, prescription orders and personal information in Frameworks and ECM.
- Dispense and label prescription orders under the direct supervision of licensed pharmacist and in compliance with all company, local, state and federal laws, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ensure all new NDC, generic substitutions and medications are entered accurately into the appropriate field in the Frameworks and are in compliance for packaging.
- Label dispensing boxes, vials, or other medications for pharmacist to check and verify.
- Perform quality control process and document any and all discrepancies when processing in Frameworks and processing medication orders.
- Comply with daily prescription order processing deadlines, releasing medication order batches from the data entry.
- Load, audit drug trays and provide preventative maintenance (i.e., cleaning and refilling) for RxSafe ASP 600 machine, under supervision of pharmacist.
- Verify customer insurance coverage type, including Medicare/Medicaid. Must have an understanding of plans and plan rejections to problem solve 3rd party prescription claim questions.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information and proprietary information per company policy and HIPAA guidelines.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and prescription labels are printed and placed in the appropriate dispensing area.
- Audit prescription and patient data and correct when necessary.
- Audit and track inventory of pharmacy supplies and order medications and miscellaneous supplies when inventory requires, submitting medication inventory requests to pharmacists daily. Restock vials and boxes daily. Obtain pharmacist approval for orders.
- Take inbound calls from and place outbound calls to customers and health care provider offices assisting in customer resolution and answering questions or concerns while effectively delivering excellent customer service to all.
- Provide support as needed to telephone and fulfillment processing areas.
- Match incoming prescription paperwork with physician call back files when needed.
- Maintain License and Certification in good standing.
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be state licensed, nationally certified pharmacy technician preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in any pharmacy setting; however experience in a specialty pharmacy is preferred.
- Must have prior experience in a customer service environment and exhibit superior customer service skills, including the ability to handle many customer service issues.
- Microsoft SQL experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers, clients, and other health care professionals.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills essential as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills.
- Must possess above average understanding of medications, medical conditions, and disease states, including knowledge of classifications of drugs, basic DEA and state requirements for controlled substances, strong pharmaceutical vocabulary and drug nomenclature.
- Must be able to demonstrate good understanding of procedures for transferring prescriptions and/or obtaining new prescriptions; ordering, receiving and storing drugs; understanding information on labels; and inventory controls. Must have above-average proficiency in dispensing process.
- Must be proficient with pharmacy computer systems and have beginner skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Efficient and accurate data entry, billing, DUR, and final product review skills.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize daily, monthly and yearly work.
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Regularly required to sit, to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. Frequently required to conduct fine motor skills and to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stand, bend, and walk. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Apply for this position by filling out and submitting the form below.